Graham build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks guys. Still picking away at things. The front shocks are mounted, started plumbing the carbs, been working away at the wiring, gauges, headlight switch, dimmer switch, etc. I'm getting close.
I'm just not sure where to mount the old "four wheel brakes" emblem. Originally, I believe it was mounted inside the spare tire, along with the single tail light. I keep moving it around, but just not sure where it's going to end up. Hard to believe that that must have been bragging rights or a selling feature - "four wheel brakes!"
 

Attachments

  • thumbnail_20180331_134712_resized.jpg
    thumbnail_20180331_134712_resized.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 58
  • thumbnail_20180331_134735_resized.jpg
    thumbnail_20180331_134735_resized.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 58
  • thumbnail_20180331_134828_resized.jpg
    thumbnail_20180331_134828_resized.jpg
    138.9 KB · Views: 57
  • thumbnail_20180331_134657_resized.jpg
    thumbnail_20180331_134657_resized.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 62
While it probably doesn't look like much, I am continuing to make progress. Finally found the parts I needed to complete the rear brakes, brake system is bled now, and I 'm continuing to work on the wiring. The goal is to be running and driving in the next two months, so I hope it all works out!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0494.JPG
    IMG_0494.JPG
    56.9 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0497.JPG
    IMG_0497.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 53
  • IMG_0496.JPG
    IMG_0496.JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_0498.JPG
    IMG_0498.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 65
Thanks Dozer. I've tied up lots of loose ends, getting real close to firing it up. Unfortunately, it looks like I'm going to have to use one of those accordion looking "multi fit" hoses for the lower rad hose.....just too many tight things in the way. Mostly wired up, hopefully have some fire in the pipes in the next week or two. I even mounted my rad emblem today :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0660.JPG
    IMG_0660.JPG
    55.6 KB · Views: 35
While it probably doesn't look like much, I am continuing to make progress. Finally found the parts I needed to complete the rear brakes, brake system is bled now, and I 'm continuing to work on the wiring. The goal is to be running and driving in the next two months, so I hope it all works out!


Very cool car !:D
 
Little more progress

Thanks everyone. Some more progress to report - with the exception of a couple of gauges, my wiring seems to be complete.....and working! I haven't tried firing it up yet, I need to bolt up the torque converter first, and I'll be damned if I know what I did with the bolts. Here's a few pic's from yesterday, and an artsy one that turned out pretty cool :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0669.JPG
    IMG_0669.JPG
    55 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_0680.JPG
    IMG_0680.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 29
  • 20180714_125954_resized.jpg
    20180714_125954_resized.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 29
Bill, All three pics are artful. Of course, you have good subject matter with the Graham.
Are the orange pants a safety requirement in Canada?:D
 
"I need to bolt up the torque converter first, and I'll be damned if I know what I did with the bolts."
If you want to find them, go buy another set and the next day you'll locate the ones you're looking for [ddd
[P[P[P
 
:D Prime example :eek:
Couldn't find my timing light so after looking for a month I ordered another one.
Received it two days ago and today I found the original, behind the seat of my 37, where I put it after timing a Hemi for a friend of mine at the NSRA show :rolleyes:

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • 0715181053.jpg
    0715181053.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 117
:D Prime example :eek:
Couldn't find my timing light so after looking for a month I ordered another one.
Received it two days ago and today I found the original, behind the seat of my 37, where I put it after timing a Hemi for a friend of mine at the NSRA show :rolleyes:

You can leave one set on metric.:D
 
Getting closer..

Well, more progress today (I have no more excuses....day 2 of retirement:))
Bolted up the torque converter, double checked all the fasteners under the car. I pulled the plugs and spun it over on the starter, just to prime things. I put the plugs back in, spilled a little gas down the carbs and boom! Barked to life!! It was just a quick bark - no gas in the tank yet, and I don't even have any coolant in it yet....but it's promising! I put the battery in a marine box, so it looks nice and tidy, and then I pulled the old "Mr Gasket" handle out of the shifter (it just didn't suit the car) and replaced it with his beauty! It's off an old round hay baler that's been parked under a tree halfway back the farm since I was a kid. I think it looks awesome. I need to fashion up some sort of boot for it now.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0689.JPG
    IMG_0689.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0694.JPG
    IMG_0694.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 42
Finishing touches, and maiden voyage!

Well, it's been a long time coming, but I had it out the laneway today! I spent the last few days buttoning up some loose ends (I'm sure there will be plenty more!), and even drove it out the lane. It felt great. Lots of commissioning issues yet, but hopefully we can take it for ice cream in the next few weeks :)
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0733.JPG
    IMG_0733.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0739.JPG
    IMG_0739.JPG
    175.7 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0738.JPG
    IMG_0738.JPG
    177.1 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts

Back
Top