Demon carbs!?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
I just wondered what eveyones' experience with Demon carbs has been. I love the look of the carbs but have had lots of trouble making them work properly on my car & so have many of my friends including guys who own shops & work on this kinda stuff every day. I called tech support & some 18 year old kid started off like there was nothing wrong with the carb and that I just must be an idiot... needless to say... that did not go over very well with me!!! I even considered using their 3 deuce setup but after my tech experience decided against it. I really expected much better service from them... especially at the price!!!

BoB

WOW ....... I'm very surprised that BArry Grant's operation treated you that way. His experience with carb design & function is leaps & bounds ahead of others (IMO). I base this on the fact of his long term racing work on Holley carbs & the ability to transition this over to manufacturing his own cards.

I think I'd get another person on the phone before I gave up. He's also at all NHRA events I believe.

Or ......... you could just give up & send me the carb.

I do not have a demon carb set up ..... 2 or 3 Holley carbs for a few applications.

Ratty 46

A friend just told me about his bad luck with one of these carbs.
Same problem.

They replaced theirs with a holley, that worked prefect right out of the box.

Everything I've heard about Demon carbs have usually been bad.

Personally, I like Holley's. They work decently, and I'd take a Holley over anything anyday.

Just my .02.

nick

I have a Demon and it was the biggest pile of crap. They left a plug out at the factory, three months down the road a gasket lets go an washs down a cylinder. I could not figure out why all of a sudden this thing is so rich I got raw gas running out the header pipe. Call BG and got that same kid and got big run around about filters and stuff. The car has 2 filters on it. I finally just took the carb off and took it all apart and found what was wrong. After I built it back it works OK.

Buy a Holley or Edelbrock. I have 2 Edelbrocks on the blower motor and they work great.

I think it depends on who works on them. I have 2-850s on a blower motor changed to boost referenced power valves and they work good, but were reworked by guy here that knows his stuff,not me. I usually install edelbrocks on the blower motors I sell and they seem easier to work on and make work and preform great. I have heard buddies having trouble with demons but I think it is a learning thing and easy to hose up.

Why should ya have to work on or rebuild a brand new carb?
Threw 2 of them in the dumpster a couple of years ago. No support from Demon @ all.
Big leakers and a pain in the ass!!!! JMHO.

demon carbs

i have used several of the DEMON carbs & have had great success with them. only very minor adjustments out of the box. i think i have bought
5 or so because that is what customers wanted. no complaints & several
have been in service on daily driven streetrods for over 2 yrs.

OK .... I hooked ..... "Barry Grant is a legend in his own mind" - amos mosses - because ......???

I haven't had the opp. to use his card(s) but I've seen them up close. They appear to be of decent quality. It does however look like a classic Holley rip off with some upgrades ...like the CarShop does or some of the other great carb tuners. Looks like he had the coin to have his own parts cast & machined.

So .... what's the issue??

Ratty 46

I have ran a650 race demon on my Modified without any problems and I'm running the Demon three deuce set up on my 26. The only problem was on the 650 had a piece of filling in the needle and seat. Other than that I'm happy as heck with them. So just make sure to pull the bowls and check to see that there isn't anything in them.

I have a Demon 850 on a BBC mild 400hp street motor. I'm still having trouble eliminating the off idle stumble. Works great otherwise...[ddev

Latest posts

Back